Assistant Professor of Mass Communication
- MAT, English, Brown University
- BA, Hamilton College
- Send a message to Joan.
Joan Toohey Wesman uses her 25 years of experience as a radio producer inside and outside the classroom every day. In addition to teaching radio classes, she advises the Radio Club, which provides opportunities for students to host their own radio shows and broadcast sports events on Principia Internet Radio. She also advises the TV Production Club, which produces four shows a semester that are posted on YouTube. Wesman serves on the Speaker's Committee, as well, helping to bring inspirational and news-making leaders to the Principia campus.
- Convergence in the field of mass communication
- The impact of social media on communication
- The impact of globalization on communication
Contributions to Field
- Producer for the World Service radio program of The Christian Science Monitor
- Producer for Fresh Air with Terry Gross on National Public Radio
- Trainer of radio journalists in South Africa during the period leading up to the first democratic elections
Memberships and Affiliations
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Intercollegiate Broadcasting System