Associate Professor of Theatre, Theatrical Designer
- MFA, Textile Arts, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- MSEd, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- BA, Principia College
- Send a message to Leah.
"I have been teaching since I was in high school because I love helping others achieve and grow. I particularly love teaching at Principia College because of the high level of thought and character expressed by the students."
Leah McFall is a professional costume and set designer, as well as an award-winning visual artist in a wide range of media. She is currently designing for productions and teaching technical theatre courses at the College.
McFall's main focus is on costume and set design for theatre and dance. She also produces fine art in a variety of fiber art and painting mediums. She is currently researching festival arts in the early modern period—their political uses and their connections with antiquity.
Contributions to Field
- Over thirty design credits and exhibits in numerous shows
- Costume design for regional theatres in Chicago, Alton, and St. Louis
- Designing for three original ballets by John Gardner, two of which featured Amanda McKerrow, both of whom are former members of the American Ballet Theatre
- Costume design for a show selected for the Kennedy Center Regional College Theatre Festival
- Barbara Dyck Memorial Graduate Textile Art Award, Annual Exhibition, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 2017
- Friends of Art Award, Graduate Art Exhibition, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 2014