Assistant Professor of Dance
- MFA in Dance from University of Wisconsin Peck School of the Arts
- BFA in Dance from New York University Tisch School of the Arts
- Send a message to Erin.
Erin Lane teaches Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Dance History, World Dance Culture, Dance Composition, Dance as Movement, and directs the Spring Dance Production. She has trained and performed in Chicago and New York City as well as abroad in Montreal, Canada, and Salzburg, Austria. Erin has danced professionally with contemporary companies ESS:Danceworks, SYREN Modern Dance, Leverage Dance Theatre, and numerous contemporary choreographers in New York City and St. Louis. Erin continues her performing career as a freelance dancer and choreographer in the St. Louis and Riverbend areas. In terms of dance education, she has served as a teaching artist, program director, lead instructor, choreographer, director of dance, and ballet curriculum development specialist in private studios and public schools in New York City, St. Louis, and the Metro East. Erin holds teaching certificates in the Vaganova Ballet Method, Progressing Ballet Technique, Brain Compatible Dance Education, and is a RYT200.
- Using somatics and conditioning techniques/practices to support Western dance training.
- Tracing Eurocentric dance technique lineages through contemporary choreography and training; illuminating African and Eastern movement aesthetics embedded in the development of American Ballet, Modern, Jazz Dance
- International folk dances as community builders
- Developing improvisational practices -Dance as a function of arts integration within traditional educational settings
- Community-based site-specific choreography
CONTRIBUTIONS TO FIELD
- Served in a variety of directorial and teaching positions in dance schools and studios nationwide
- Choreography has been presented across the Metro East: Give Dance a Chance Festival, Mississippi Earthtones Festival, Perpetual Motion Dance Concert (Jacoby Arts Center), Audubon Riverlands (site-specific), St. Louis Dance Festival, Principia College
- Direction and choreography for numerous children’s musicals and collegiate musical choreography
- MFA thesis concert, Beyond the Divide, marked the first site-specific dance concert in Alton, IL
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- National Dance Education Organization
- Progressing Ballet Technique
- Yoga Alliance
- The Horace Edwin Harper Jr. and Evelyn Wright Harper Award for Teaching Excellence from Principia College
- Chancellor's Award from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Peck School of the Arts
- J.S. Seidman Award for Excellence in the Field of Dance from NYU Tisch Dance