Assistant Professor of Physics
- PhD, Physics, University of California, Berkeley
- MA, UC Berkeley
- BS, University of Chicago
- BA, University of Chicago
- Send a message to Dr. Larsen.
Dr. Grant Larsen specializes in particle physics phenomenology and theoretical cosmology. In English, that means he theorizes about the structure, principles, and behavior of the smallest and largest things in the physical universe and how they relate.
- Quantum multiverse
- Gravity-electroweak hierarchy problem
- Extra dimensions
- Black holes
Contributions to Field
- Larsen contributed to a (perhaps partial) solution to the cosmological constant problem by applying the quantum multiverse solution to the measure problem.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Sigma Xi
- American Association of Physics Teachers, Illinois section
Publications and Presentations
- "Supersymmetry with Light Stops." Grant Larsen, Yasunori Nomura, Hannes L.L. Roberts. Journal of High Energy Physics, 2012.
- "The Cosmological Constant in the Quantum Multiverse." Grant Larsen, Yasunori Nomura, Hannes L.L. Roberts. Physical Review, 2011.
- Invited Speaker, Illinois Section of the American Association of Physics Teachers, 2015.
- MIT Center for Theoretical Physics, Nuclear and Particle Theory Seminar, 2013.
- UC Berkeley Experimental Particle Physics Seminar, 2012.
- UC Berkeley Particle Phenomenology Seminar, 2012.
For additional publications and presentations, please see the CV below.