Director of Center for Teaching and Learning, Assistant Professor
- MEd, Reading, Mercer University
- BA, Principia College
- Send a message to Molly Broere.
Molly Broere began her teaching career as an elementary school teacher in Atlanta. Upon returning to Principia College, she worked as an administrative assistant in the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and is now an assistant professor and literacy and student support specialist. With a focus on reading, writing, and study skills, Broere teaches courses, meets with students one-on-one, and offers workshops. She also supports the faculty by providing embedded lessons, workshops, and one-on-one support. In addition, Broere leads and manages the Academic Mentor Program for CTL. She writes and manages weekly posts for the Tuesday Teaching Tips blog, and she helps maintain Principia College’s online assessment program, Chalk and Wire.
- Broere is currently working on a PhD in education at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
Contributions to Field
- Tuesday Teaching Tips blog
- Gateway Writing Project Teacher Consultant
- Served on conference review board for the College Literacy and Reading Association
- Project Read mentor
- Principia College’s Global Citizenship Advisory Board Travel Grant (2018)
Memberships and Affiiations
- College Reading and Literacy Association
- Phi Alpha Eta
Publications and Presentations
- Presented "Dialoguing Your Thinking" at the Gateway Writing Project Conference, St. Louis, MO, September 2018
- Co-Presented "Hook, Line, and Sink 'Em: Improve Student Retention" at the College Reading and Literacy Association, Pittsburgh, PA, November 2017