Financial Aid Process for New Students
Steps to Complete:
- Complete your College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE online. Note: The PROFILE requires information from your parents' and your most recent Federal income tax returns.
Principia works with CSS to evaluate your aid needs impartially and confidentially based on information you provide on your PROFILE form. For families with separate households, the custodial parent is responsible for completing the CSS Profile. The noncustodial parent is responsible for completing the Noncustodial Profile. Note: Principia does not use the FAFSA.
- E-mail your own and your parents' most recent federal tax returns (Form 1040) to email@example.com. If you are unable to e-mail your documents, please fax them to 618.374.4000 or mail them to Principia College Financial Aid, Elsah, IL 62028.
Once you have been admitted, your financial aid will be determined, and you will receive an award letter.
Financial Aid Process for Returning Students
Deadline: April 15th.
Steps to Complete:
- Complete the Principia Application for Financial Aid on Principia’s BannerWeb. The application provides you the opportunity to make your financial aid request and sign our office’s financial aid agreement. You can also track your application checklist and view your financial aid and scholarship award.
- E-mail your parents' and your most recent federal tax returns (Form 1040) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to e-mail your documents, please fax them to 618.374.4000 or mail them to Principia College Financial Aid, Elsah, IL 62028.
- Submit a thank you note for the aid you received the prior year through BannerWeb.
Note: Students are only required to submit the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE the first time they apply for need-based financial aid. Students who have withdrawn their enrollment for more than one year must submit a new PROFILE.
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
1 Maybeck Place
Elsah, IL 62028