Training in the physics major moves from fundamentals to theoretical and experimental physics. Students also gain experience in research methodology and develop strong oral and written communication skills.
An undergraduate degree in physics prepares students for research or teaching and is excellent preparation for engineering.
What our majors do during college
- Participate on the solar car team, including racing in the U.S. and Australia
- Conduct independent research
- Use the College's observatory to search for planets beyond our solar system
- Study abroad in Europe, Asia, China, or Australia
- Collaborate on projects at the Principia Center for Sustainability