BA in Global Perspectives
Global perspectives students look at complex issues such as poverty, ecosystem degradation, child labor, and the mistreatment of women and minorities—issues that know no geographic bounds. Drawing on environmental studies, religion, the arts, sociology, anthropology, economics, political science, and history, students learn how to understand, respond to, and participate in solving complex global problems.
What our majors do during College
- Help organize the annual, student-run Public Affairs and International Perspectives Conferences
- Study in Europe, Asia, or Central America
- Conduct original field research abroad
- Complete an interdisciplinary senior capstone
What our majors do after College
- Attend graduate programs or law school
- Join the Peace Corps
- Work in international relations, business, law, education, diplomacy, and social services
See the College Catalog for more detailed information about our program and departmental learning outcomes.